This latest fixed VHF radio from Standard Horizon features a compact design but with a large, clear display. It can also store 100 waypoints and provide essential naviation information when connected to a GPS device (this can be as simple as an antenna with NMEA output).
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The GX1600E Explorer has an ultra thin, compact rear case, only 3.5” in (89mm) depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market. The rear case design also gives flexibility when flush mounting the radio in tight areas or bracket mounting the radio by taking up less dash space, and allowing more mounting options.
Class D Digital Selective Calling
The GX1600E Explorer is an ITU-R M493 Class D class VHF with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to communications.
The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital MAYDAY including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time (with GPS connected), to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency, Safety, Position Report and Send.
Additional features include DSC test call and menu selection for Auto DSC channel switching.
RAM3 (CMP30) second station mic capable
Need to remotely control the VHF from your cockpit of fly bridge? The GX1600E Explorer is RAM3 remote mic capable to control all VHF, DSC functions at a second station.
Big, bold display
There is no question about it. With a big, bold display there is no mistaking the information. The contrast and brightness can be adjusted for situations where the radio cannot be mounted directly in front of you.
Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
Scanning is not an issue with the GX1600E Explorer. The radio can be setup to scan any number of channels with or without a Channel 16 as the priority channel or simply can be setup to scan between a priority channel and one other channel (dual watch).
Clearvoice noise reduction technology
Clear Voice Noise Reduction Technology eliminating unwanted background noises like engines and wind during transmission. This assures transmissions are crystal clear along with dedicated 16/9, H/L keys and channel selection.
Navigate to Waypoints
The GX1600E Explprer is capable of entering and saving up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint when connected to an external GPS.
DSC Position Polling and NMEA in/output
Easily share position information with other DSC equipped vessels using the position request and position reporting functions. With the push of a few buttons you can request the position of another vessel, or simply send your position information to the vessel you select.
The GPS Position of a received DSC Distress or Position Request call can be shown on a compatible GPS Chart plotter simply by connecting 2 NMEA wires. In addition, the GX1600E Explorer may be setup to automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 stations.
Programmable Channel Names
The Explorer is supplied from the factory preloaded with description of the use of Marine channels (16-Distress etc). The channel names may be customised by the user to easily understand the use of each channel.
By connecting a GPS to the GX1600E Explorer, Position, date, and time are also displayed when interfaced with a GPS receiver.
3-Year waterproof warranty
- Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5” depth)
- Powerful 25 Watt VHF/FM Transceiver
- Meets ITU-R M493-12 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
- Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with compass page **
- Automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 ships using DSC
- Enter, Save, and Navigation to waypoint with Compass page **
- GPS Compass display **
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display**
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
- NOAA weather channel selection with alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch
- GPS repeating of position, SOG, COG and time **
- Customizable channel names
- Oversized dot matrix display
- NMEA Input and Output
- Programmable soft keys
- Capable of connecting to a Second Station CMP30 Remote Access Microphone
- Overall Dimension: 5.91"(w) x 3.35"(H) x 3.54"(D) 150 x 85 x 90mm
- Flush mount cutout: 5.35”(W) x 2.80”(H) x 2.56”(D) 136 x 71 x 65mm
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
**When connected to an optional GPS