If you have an AIS receiver or transponder on your vessel, the Standard Horizon GX2000E MATRIX is an ideal choice.
When connected to a AIS receiver or transponder (with VDM AIS sentence output at 38400 baud) the display will show AIS targets simply by pressing the dedicated AIS key. The GX2000E MATRIX will display AIS MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG and will allow you to contact an AIS Ship directly using DSC, show your vessels position in relation to AIS targets and alert you when an AIS ship may be approaching to close to your location via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm.
Waypoint Navigation and GPS Repeater
The GX2000E MATRIX is capable of entering and saving up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint when connected to an external GPS.
GPS Position and time are shown on the standard display when connect to GPS receiver.
Digital Selective Calling (DSC) and Position Requests
The GX2000E MATRIX is Class D class DSC VHF with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to traffic on Marine VHF channels.
The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital Mayday including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time (with GPS connected) are broadcast to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, All ship - Urgency and Safety, Group, Position report and position request calls.
Easily share position information with other DSC equipped vessels using the position request and position reporting functions. With the push of a few buttons you can request the position of another vessel, or simply send your position information to the vessel you select.
The GPS Position of a received DSC Distress or Position Request call can be shown on a compatible GPS Chart plotter simply by connecting 2 NMEA wires.
Clear Voice Noise Reduction Technology
The GX2000E MATRIX features Clear Voice Noise Reduction Technology which helps eliminate unwanted background noises like engines and wind during transmission. In addition the microphone includes a speaker for crystal clear reception.
PA and Fog Signalling
30W Loud Hailer with Fog signals, Bells and Whistles. For added benefit, the last selected VHF channel can be heard when in the PA or Fog modes.
Commercial Grade 80dB Receiver
Advanced receiver technology rejects the reception of unwanted signals from pagers and other unwanted VHF frequencies. In addition the MATRIX has an receiver attenuator to futher reduce noise in busy harbors and marinas.
High Quality LCD Screen
The display is large and clear for easy reading of information. The contrast and brightness can both be adjusted to suit conditions.
VHF Channel Names
The GX2000E MATRIX is supplied from the factory preloaded with descriptions for VHF channels (16-Calling/Distress etc). Channel names may be customised by the user to easily understand the use of each channel.
Remote Mic Capability
Need to remotely control the VHF from your cockpit or fly bridge? The GX2000E MATRIX will take a CMP30 remote mic to control all VHF, DSC and AIS* functions at a second station.
*AIS receiver or transponder connection required.
Programmable Channel Scan, Dual Watch and Priority Scan
The GX2000E Matrix can be setup to scan any number of channels with or without a priority channel or simply scan between a priority channel and one other channel (dual watch).
• AIS (Automatic Identification System) receiver or transponder must be connected to perform AIS functions
• AIS target display*: MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG
• Contact AIS Ship with DSC*
• CPA (Closest Point of Approach) Alarm*
• 80dB Commercial grade receiver
• Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
• Independent Channel 70 receiver built-in for continuous DSC watch
• Local/Distance attenuator
• Enter, Save and Navigate to waypoints with Compass page**
• Navigate to a DSC Distress Call**
• Submersible JIS-7 / IPX7 (1m for 30 minutes)
• ClearVoice noise canceling speaker microphone with channel selection and 16/9 key
• Oversized rotary channel knob with push to enter, backlit display and keys
• 30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals
• Capable of connecting an optional CMP30 second station remote microphone
• Intercom between radio and CMP30
• DSC position request and report functions when connected to compatible GPS chart plotter
• Voice Scrambler (optional)
• Versatile user-programmable scanning, priority scan and Dual Watch
• One-button access to Channel 16
• User programmable soft keys
• Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG and COG) information shown on display when connected to GPS
• 38400 AIS VDM sentence output to compatible GPS chart plotter
• 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
*when connected to an optional AIS receiver or transponder
**when connected to an optional GPS